Internal Auditor Job Description
An internal auditor is an accounting professional who provides guidance on regulatory compliance, financial accuracy, and internal financial controls. Their main responsibilities are improving operational practices and risk management practices within the organization.
Internal Auditor Job Description Sample
Our firm is in search of a highly professional and diligent internal auditor to conduct risk assessments as well as examination and evaluation of the company's processes and departments. Some responsibilities include creating an audit plan, preparing and presenting reports regarding results, and devising cost-cutting methods for operations.
Internal Auditor Salary
According to statistics gathered by Salary.com in November 2019, the national average salary for an Internal Auditor is $58,490.That equates to an average hourly rate of $28.
Factors that impact these salaries include education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years spent in profession and location.
Internal Auditor Required Soft Skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to create audits, financial statements, and budget reports.
- Strategic planning skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skill.
- Knowledge of accounting practices.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office and databases.
- Highly analytical.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Internal Auditor Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify areas of significant business risk.
- Manage audit assignments and resources.
- Develop and implement internal audit practices in accordance with local and international best practice.
- Compile the annual Internal Audit plan.
- Ensure complete and accurate audit information is reported to risk committees and management.
- Supervision of planned audits, annual or otherwise.
- Identify all financial risks and take steps to reduce them.
- Implement business practices that align with internal audit statements.
- Conduct investigations into reported or identified business risks.
Internal Auditor Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in financial accounting, internal auditing, or financial management.
- CPA/Certified Internal Auditor.
- Knowledge of all applicable auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules, and industry regulations.
- Previous work experience as an internal auditor or with fraud auditing.
Additional Internal Auditor Resources
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..