Production Supervisor Job Description
A Production Supervisor assists with the management of a diverse and talented manufacturing team. Their main responsibility is to make sure that all processes related to production are carried out effectively, in a timely and profitable manner. They are responsible for organizing and monitoring the production staff, training, and achieving a smooth and efficient workflow.
Production Supervisor Job Description Sample
Our company is looking for a highly motivated individual to provide assistance to our company's Production Manager. Working in this role means you'll be overlooking the manufacturing team and providing them with hands-on technical leadership.
You'll be assigned responsibilities and tasks to the respective team members while being part of recruitment and training. You are responsible for working toward increased productivity and improving staff performance.
Production Supervisor Salary
According to statistics gathered by Salary.com in November 2019, the national average salary for a Production Supervisor is $69,473.That equates to an average hourly rate of $33.
Factors that impact these salaries include education, certifications, additional skills, tenure in the profession, and location.
Production Supervisor Required Soft Skills
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Strategic planning skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to deal with complex issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Organizational, communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
Production Supervisor Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting the manufacturing staff to achieve company goals.
- Implementing company policies and guidelines.
- Following and monitoring safety regulations.
- Recruiting, hiring, and training employees.
- Exercising cost-effective production strategies.
- Ensuring production quality control and timely delivery.
- Achieving an optimal output and smooth workflow.
- Compiling and analyzing production records.
- Quality assurance of all goods before shipping.
Production Supervisor Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or relevant field.
- Previous experience as Production Supervisor or similar role.
- Experience with various types of manufacturing machinery and tools.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..