Social Media Intern Job Description Sample (+ Free Template)
A Social Media Intern is someone who is participating in the marketing department within a business. Because this professional is an intern, they may be part of the company for three to six months as part of their education or university requirements. Social Media Interns can be a great benefit to the business as they can help with all administrative tasks associated with the development of social media channels.
Social Media Intern Job Description Sample
Our company is searching for a passionate, driven, and knowledgeable social media intern who can join our marketing department. This intern will be part of all social media planning and execution. This includes the execution of campaigns on social channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and much more. Candidates should have a good understanding of these social platforms and have knowledge of how to drive both engagement, followers, and audiences.
Social Media Intern Salary
Due to this being an internship program, most of them are unpaid. Those some companies will offer part-time payment as part of the program.
Social Media Intern Required Soft Skills
- Ability to execute social media campaigns.
- Ability to be part of a collaborative environment.
- Comprehensive collaboration skills.
- Interpersonal and people skills.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Written communication skills.
Social Media Intern Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the social media coordinator and social media team with all campaigns and executions.
- Ensure that executions are posted and promoted at their proper times.
- Assist in the measuring of all social media activity.
- Assist in the measuring of all social media growth.
- Assist in the development of marketing plans, social media plans, and branding objectives.
- Be a collaborative team player on the marketing team and contribute ideas.
Social Media Intern Requirements
- Must be currently enrolled in a university.
- Must have some prior experience with social media.
- Must know how to execute digital marketing campaigns.
- Prior experience executing advertising campaigns is a plus.
Other Social Media Resources
- Social Media Coordinator Job Description: Salary, Duties, Skills
- Social Media Manager Job Description: Salary, Duties, Skills
Social Media Intern Job Description Template
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..