Business Intelligence Analyst Job Description Sample
A business intelligence analyst gathers data about a company and its competitors to develop strategies that will improve market share values and business effectiveness.
Job Description Sample
We are looking for a skilled business intelligence analyst to improve our company’s processes and subsequently increase the company’s market shares. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing analytical tools, mining data, and reporting findings and recommended solutions. Candidates with previous experience in this or a similar role are encouraged to apply.
The average salary for an entry-level Business Intelligence Analyst is approximately $47,000 per year. For an experienced BI Analyst, the salary increases to roughly $81,000. On average, though, a BI Analyst earns about $64,000 per year.
- Strong understanding of statistics and databases.
- High-level problem-solving skills.
- High-level analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Collaborative and a team player.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult with management and stakeholders to determine goals.
- Research, develop, and implement data-mining/gathering methods.
- Analyze the collected data.
- Report findings and recommend solutions or improvements.
- Collaborate with management and other staff to implement improvements.
- Determine the effectiveness of the implemented strategies.
Using This Business Intelligence Analyst Job Description Template
In order to use your new business intelligence analyst job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..