Billing Specialist Job Description Sample
A billing specialist keeps a record of the company’s invoices and is responsible for ensuring that all clients pay their accounts completely and in a timely manner.
Job Description Sample
Our company is looking to hire a meticulous Billing Specialist with high attention to detail. The successful candidate will be responsible for issuing invoices as well as keeping records of what is owed by clients as well as ensuring the successful and complete payments of client accounts.
An entry-level Billing Specialist earns an average wage of $38,000 per year while an experienced expert averages approximately $54,000 annually. The average salary overall for this position is $45,000 per year.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Highly organized.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Written and verbal communication.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Issue invoices to clients.
- Make note of any missed payments as well as payments made.
- Contact clients to inform them of their outstanding debt to the company.
- Maintain a record of client accounts that are updated regularly and accurately.
- Post payments in a timely manner.
- Resolve client billing issues as they arise.
- Charge clients appropriately.
- Prepare summary reports for supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a similar field.
- Prior experience in this or a similar role is an asset.
Using This Billing Specialist Job Description Template
In order to use your new billing specialist job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..