CPA Job Description Sample
A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) studies financial records, prepares tax forms, and oversees audits. They support companies and organizations as well as individuals with taxes and financial statements.
Job Description Sample
We are looking to add a highly-analytical CPA to our accounting department. The successful candidate will manage the company’s financial process including taxes. you will be responsible for filing tax forms, performing routine audits, and analyzing all business transactions. You must have extensive knowledge of bookkeeping, budgeting, and auditing processes to be successful in this role.
A CPA salary averages $62,000 per year. However, a CPA can earn anywhere from $44,000 to $97,000 annually.
- Error detection.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Highly analytical.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office and accounting software.
- Highly organized.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain digital and physical copies of financial records.
- Evaluate business transaction and prepare reports on your findings.
- Coordinate with employees regarding income tax research.
- Conduct routine audits to guarantee accuracy in expenses, savings, and all financial records.
- Organize all federal, state, and local income tax documents.
- Regularly report the company’s financial position to management and make recommendations to improve results.
- Develop and implement improved accounting processes.
- Handle all accounting related issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or another related field.
- CPA certification is a must.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a public accountant.
- Knowledge of all local, state, and federal tax regulations.
Using This Cpa Job Description Template
In order to use your new cpa job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..