Contractor Job Description Sample
Contractors are managers who oversee a project and are responsible for hiring workers and arranging materials, services, and equipment. They ensure that a project is completed on time and within the set budget.
Job Description Sample
We are seeking an experienced and reliable contractor to manage resources, hire personnel, visit project sites, maintain records, and work with subcontractors on behalf of our clients. You will be responsible for ensuring the successful and timely completion of all current and future projects.
A contractor typically earns an average hourly rate of $30.25. This rate ranges from $17.92 to $54.38 depending on experience and location. This hourly wage translates to an average yearly salary of $60,000.
- Organized and efficient.
- Strong leadership.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Business skills.
- Project management software skills.
- Attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Hiring subcontractors and other personnel.
- Advise clients.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Apply for permits and licenses.
- Set and monitor schedules.
- Ensure site security and safety.
- Ensure all regulations are followed on site.
- Manage materials and equipment.
- Inspect work completed by workers and subcontractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in building science, construction science, construction safety, or another relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction.
- Prior experience in project management is an asset.
Using This Contractor Job Description Template
In order to use your new contractor job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Related Hiring ResourcesGeneral Contractor Job Description
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..