Handyman Job Description Sample
A handyman works as a contractor or as a member of a maintenance department and performs a wide range of maintenance related duties for homeowners or businesses. They fic plumbing systems, clean and remodel shared spaces, conduct repair assessments, and provide repair guidance.
Job Description Sample
Our company is looking to add an experienced and skilled handyman to our maintenance department. The successful candidate will be responsible for all repair and upkeep duties including responding to maintenance requests, maintaining green spaces and community spaces, and servicing or maintaining company equipment.
An entry-level Handyman can expect an average annual salary of roughly $30,000 while an experienced and skilled professional can earn upwards of $62,000 per year. The median wage for this position is approximately $52,000.
- Highly organized.
- Skilled using tools and other hardware.
- Effective communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
Duties and responsibilities
- Identify and report any major maintenance repairs needed.
- Perform repair son equipment, machinery, and appliances.
- Respond to client maintenance requests.
- Repair electrical, plumbing, and safety systems.
- Conduct performance assessments.
- Basic tasks including painting, filling holes or crevices, and managing maintenance repairs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a maintenance role.
- Experience with plumbing and electrical systems is an asset.
Using This Handyman Job Description Template
In order to use your new handyman job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..