Epidemiologist Job Description Sample
An epidemiologist looks at the causes and spread of all infectious diseases to develop methods for containing, preventing, and detecting outbreaks. They monitor outbreaks, collect applicable data, and report findings to policy-makers and the public.
Job Description Sample
We are seeking a knowledgeable Epidemiologist to study outbreaks and causes of infectious diseases. The successful candidate for this position will collect data, study the cause of outbreaks, and use these findings to understand and work toward the prevention of the transmission of infectious diseases.
An Epidemiologist's salary ranges from $49,000 to $86,000 annually. The average yearly salary is $72,000.
- Highly analytical.
- Computer literacy.
- Exceptional observation skills.
- Strong reasoning and research skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Observe and research the outbreak and spread of infectious diseases.
- Collect disease-related data via field research, studies, questionnaires, and observation.
- Conduct laboratory testing and analyze data.
- Report findings.
- Monitor infectious disease outbreaks and assist in emergency situations.
- Design and advise on health policies to control the spread of infectious diseases.
- Educate the public as well as policy-makers on recent findings.
- Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, or a similar field.
- Additional certifications or training supported by the Center for Disease Control is an asset.
- Experience in community health is preferred.
- Willingness to travel when the need arises.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..