Loss Prevention Job Description Sample
A loss prevention officer prevents theft in retail environments. They monitor customers and employees for unusual or suspicious behavior. Depending on the employer, they may also have the authority to apprehend suspected thieves.
Job Description Sample
We are looking to hire a skilled loss prevention officer to help us prevent loss from theft. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring employees and customers as well as apprehending suspects.
A loss prevention officer earns an average salary of $35,000 per year. This can range from $27,000 to $42,000 per year depending on tenure in the job and your location.
- Strong communication skills.
- Physical fitness.
- Incredible observation skills.
- Good judgement.
- Calm demeanor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor for potential threats or suspicious behavior.
- Identify potential thieves among staff or customers.
- Review inventory and stock.
- Investigate suspected theft by employees.
- Follow and confront suspected shoplifters.
- Document theft and security violations in the form of reports.
- Collaborate with law enforcement to arrest and prosecute shoplifters and employees.
- Testify in court if a shoplifting case goes to trial.
- Suggest procedural or security improvements to reduce the risk of retail loss via theft.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience is a plus.
- Certification is an asset.
Using This Loss Prevention Job Description Template
In order to use your new loss prevention job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..