IT Technician Job Description Sample
IT Technicians diagnose and repair hardware and software to ensure the smooth and efficient running of computer systems. They are responsible for installing and configuring hardware as well as handling IT support for a company.
Job Description Sample
We are looking for a skilled and experienced IT Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for responding to IT requests, ensuring the optimal performance of all computer systems within the company, and upgrading and installing software and hardware as necessary.
The average IT Technician earns approximately $18.31 per hour which translates to an annual salary of about $37,000. The salary for an IT Tech can range from $11.63 per hour up to $33.82 per hour.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in software installation and database programming.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to all users and act as the first point of contact for issues.
- Perform daily backups of all systems.
- Manage technical documentation.
- Conduct performance testing and evaluations of new hardware and software.
- Install and upgrade anti-virus protection regularly.
- Upgrade system for compatibility when necessary.
- Troubleshoot issues.
- Meet electrical safety standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or another relevant field.
- 4+ years’ experience in IT or computer systems maintenance.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate accreditation is an asset.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesIT Technician Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..