Healthcare Administrator Job Description Sample
A Healthcare Administrator manages the day-to-day operations of health care facilities and hospitals. They plan and supervise all medical services, monitor budgets, update health records, and perform other administrative tasks as necessary.
Job Description Sample
We are looking to add an organized healthcare administrator to our healthcare facility. You will manage all of our administrative and clinical procedures. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating schedules, maintaining patient records, and monitoring budgets.
A healthcare administrator can earn a salary of $40,000 to $103,000 depending on education and experience, as well as the type of facility. On average, a healthcare administrator makes $66,000 per year.
- Time management.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all patient records are up to date and accurate.
- Coordinate with doctors and nurses as well as other healthcare professionals.
- Develop schedules for all employees.
- Maintain inventory and keep records of medical and office supplies.
- Keep a record of expenses and make recommendations to reduce facility costs.
- Ensure compliance with all healthcare regulations, guidelines, and laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, healthcare administration, or a similar field.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a healthcare facility or hospital administration role.
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology and healthcare regulations.
- Experience with accounting and administrative duties.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..