Best Massage Therapist Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A massage therapist is a professional who treats patients and customers using the manipulation of soft tissue in the muscles of the body. A massage therapist can help to alleviate pain, muscle tension, heal injuries, and improve blood flow or circulation in the body. The massage therapist practices forms of stress relief, relaxation techniques, and general wellness techniques for patients.
A massage therapist may practice sports massage, therapeutic massage, Swedish massage, and other forms of massage therapy on clients or patients.
Massage Therapist Job Description Sample
Our spa is seeking a licensed massage therapist to assist our patients and clients with massage services and general relaxation. The massage therapist will provide a wide variety of body treatments, from therapeutic massage (or sometimes referred to as deep tissue massage) to Swedish massage. The therapist will work with each client to design a custom experience and treatment plan for the customer. Our ideal therapist has a firm understanding of body mechanics and can provide bodywork to each client in custom and tailored ways.
Massage Therapist Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and massage therapist responsibilities:
- Understand a client’s needs and design a treatment plan around each modality, injury, and another medical history requirement.
- Walk patients and customers to the treatment room and provide them with instructions about their massage and how to lay on the massage table.
- Provide clients with all types of massage therapies. From remedial massage to prenatal massage and sports therapy. Practice massage techniques that are fitting to the customer and their clinical needs.
- Ensure that during the massage treatment the clients’ skin is not being injured, burnt, or otherwise affected.
- Watch closely for muscle strength and ensure that patients are able to receive deep tissue treatments.
- Knead muscles for the patient in a manner that provides them with relaxation and relief.
Massage Therapist Requirements
A qualified massage therapist candidate should have the following:
- Massage Therapy Certification (Licensed Massage Therapist) required.
- Continuing education is okay.
- A licensed physical therapist is preferred.
- Previous experience as a massage therapist preferred.
- Previous experience within franchised clinics preferred.
- Previous experience with rehabilitative exercises preferred.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring Resources5+ Best Massage Therapist Interview Questions & Answers
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..