Massage Therapist Job Description
A massage therapist performs therapeutic to improve circulation, relieve stress or pain, and promote relaxation. They sometimes collaborate with chiropractors and physicians to assist with treatments.
Job Description Sample
We are looking to add an experienced massage therapist to our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for screening guests for underlying conditions and selecting the appropriate treatments, performing massages, and assist guests with inquiries. You will also explain treatments or packages to clients.
An experienced massage therapist typically earns a salary of $76,000 per year while an entry-level worker earns about $30,000 per year. The average salary for this position is $51,000 per year.
- Superb people skills.
- Excellent communication.
- Personable and friendly.
- Professional appearance.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure a clean and safe spa facility.
- Replace linens between sessions.
- Sterilize equipment between clients.
- Accompany guests to and from treatment rooms.
- Provide massage services as selected by clients.
- Fill our appropriate documentation and records.
- Comply with applicable rules, standards, and regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a massage therapist.
- Licensed and certified as a massage therapist.
- Knowledge of reflexology, prenatal, deep tissue, Swedish, and trigger point massage, among others.
Additional Massage Therapist Resources
Using This Massage Therapist Job Description Template
In order to use your new massage therapist job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..