Marine Biologist Job Description Sample
A marine biologist researches life in the oceans or other saltwater environments. They conduct experiments, observe and analyze data, rehabilitate injured animals, and document origins, behaviors, diseases, and genetics of marine animals.
Job Description Sample
We are looking for a passionate marine biologist to join our research team. The successful candidate will be responsible for researching marine life and handling marine animals. Your main goal will be to understand and improve the marine environment and ecosystems.
A marine biologist averages a salary of $50,000, with a range of $39,000 for entry-level professionals to $89,000 for top-level biologists.
- Analytical thinker.
- Laboratory skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Experience with scuba diving, first aid, and boat handling.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Test and monitor marine life which are exposed to pollutants.
- Collect samples and analyze them to determine the health of the marine environment.
- Track movements and distribution of marine populations.
- Survey endangered organisms and come up with preservation strategies.
- Communicate findings to agencies, governments, funders, and commercial organizations.
- Conduct environmental impact assessments to determine possible impacts of projects or developments.
- Provide scientific information to policymakers.
- Advocate for marine life through government liaison and media outlets.
- Degree in marine biology, marine science, or similar field.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a marine environment.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..