Veterinary Technician Job Description
A veterinary technician works in veterinary practices, zoos, pet hospitals, and research labs. They draw blood, assist with medical procedures, and administer mediations. They are considered medical professionals for animals. And can often be found in private practices.
Job Description Sample
We are looking to add a compassionate and dedicated veterinary technician to our practice. The successful candidate will provide critical care nursing, assist with medical procedures, discuss treatments and disease processes with pet owners, and provide aftercare following surgery. You will also be responsible for tracking patient vitals and communicating with clients, veterinarians, and pharmacies in regards to patient care.
A veterinary technician salary ranges from $25,000 to $54,000 per year depending on experience and education. The average yearly salary for this position is approximately $39,000.
- Superb people skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Team player.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication.
- Affinity for animals.
- Patience and compassion.
- Proficient with computers and databases.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Triaging patients and acquiring patient history.
- Assist with diagnostic and surgical procedures.
- Discuss treatment plans and payment options with clients.
- Collect blood samples.
- Calculate dosage for medications and provide instructions to clients regarding dosage and administration of medications.
- Update database with patient service charges and patient records.
- Associates degree or higher in veterinary technology.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a veterinary technician.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesVeterinary Technician Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..