Surgeon Job Description Sample
A surgeon is a medical professional who performs surgery on an array of illnesses and conditions. A surgeon can be found within a private medical practice as well as a hospital setting. Within a hospital setting a surgeon may be part of the ER as well as part of the general practice arms of a health facility.
Job Description Sample
We are searching for a highly-skilled General Surgeon that will fill out our surgical team. The successful candidate will perform routine and emergency surgeries on a variety of ailments and illnesses. You will diagnose patients and determine the need for surgery or other treatments.
A surgeon typically earns $196,000 per year. Depending on experience and skill level, a surgeon can make between $51,000 and $402,000.
- Dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Decision making.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Emotionally resilient.
- Bedside manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine patients to make diagnoses regarding their condition, injury, or disease.
- Review the medical history of patients and devise a plan for the most effective course of treatment.
- Advise and inform patients regarding the risks involved with surgery as well as what they can expect post-op.
- Perform surgical procedures on routine or emergency cases.
- Adhere to strict ethical and regulatory standards and protocols.
- Follow all established surgical techniques during procedures.
- Provide pre-op and post-op treatment to patients.
- Degree or doctorate in medicine.
- Certified through the American Board of Medical Specialties.
- At least 5 years of residency training in general surgery.
- License to practice medicine.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a General Surgeon.
Using This Surgeon Job Description Template
In order to use your new surgeon job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Related Hiring ResourcesOrthopedic Surgeon Job Description
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..