Student Assistant Job Description
A student assistant works with university staff members performing administrative tasks. They are considered faculty as part of the education system they work in. This could be a private college, a community college, state university or private university.
Job Description Sample
We are seeking a mature student to work alongside a university staff member and perform tasks related to office work, administrative duties, and lecture prep. The successful candidate will be responsible for printing, editing and proofreading, filing, copying, and communicating with staff and students.
A student assistant can expect to make anywhere from $15 to $24 per hour depending on the university. The average hourly wage for this position is $17 per hour.
- Mature and reliable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Computer skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Time management skills.
- Stress management skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Error detection skills.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform any assigned administrative tasks that are required by university staff.
- Conduct research to prepare lectures and presentations.
- Proofread academic papers to ensure they are error-free.
- Act as the liaison between students and staff and your supervising university staff member.
- Source references for academic works and lecture presentations.
- Any other tasks or duties assigned by your supervisor.
- Must be a current student attending the university.
- Previous administrative experience is preferred and would be an asset but not required.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..