Software Architect Job Description
A software architect is a developer who designs software solutions from scratch. They make high-level decisions throughout each stage of the process and lead a team of engineers through the creation of the final product.
Job Description Sample
We are searching for a highly skilled software architect who will lead our team in building software solutions for our clients. The successful candidate will communicate with clients to understand their needs and requirements, create solution plans, and lead a team of software engineers to develop the final product.
A software architect can expect to make anywhere from $15 to $24 per hour depending on the university. The average hourly wage for this position is $17 per hour.
- Strong leadership.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Highly organized.
- Highly analytical.
- Skilled with programming tools.
- Project management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with clients to determine their requirements.
- Create product specifications and designs.
- Provide architectural blueprints to the development team.
- Troubleshoot and resolve coding or design issues as they come up.
- Meet development schedule and project deadlines.
- Present progress reports and continually set new goals.
- Perform testing on the final product to ensure quality and functionality.
- Update the created software solutions as necessary.
- Master’s degree in computer science.
- Previous experience in project management or software development is preferred.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..