Sales Consultant Job Description
A sales consultant creates sales pitches, meets with clients, and fosters positive relationships to generate new sales, maintain future sales, and sell company products or services consistently.
Job Description Sample
We are looking to add a skilled sales consultant to our sales team. The successful candidate will build positive relationships with new and existing clients to ensure future business and success of the company. You will work with a team to ensure that sales targets are met.
A sales consultant earns an average salary of $46,000 per year. However, this salary can range from as low as $30,000 to more than $72,000 depending on experience. Commission earnings also dramatically affect the salary of a sales consultant.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude for sales and gauging client needs.
- Charismatic and personable.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to write engaging and convincing sales pitches.
- Presentation skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Approach new clients and inform them of the company’s services or products.
- Maintain positive relationships with existing clients to ensure future business from those clients.
- Sell the company’s products or services.
- Complete the necessary paperwork after each sale.
- Research competing services and products.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Degree in marketing or a related field is an asset.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..