Best Retail Store Manager Job Description Sample (+ Free Template Download)
A retail store manager is a professional who oversees the daily operations of a retail store. This retail store manager manages the human resources (hiring, training, and termination of employees), finances (profit and loss statements), marketing, and other general management functions of the business. This includes managing the efficiency of the store, handling inventory management, and more.
A retail store manager is also referred to as a store manager, retail manager, or department manager.
Retail Store Manager Job Description Sample
One of our premier chain stores is seeking a retail store manager to oversee our daily operations and general store operations. Our ideal candidate has previous experience in retail management, customer service, driving customer satisfaction, retail sales (profit and loss), managing the store personnel, and more. The retail store manager will oversee all aspects of the store, including inventory levels, shop floor displays, and hiring or training staff.
Retail Store Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and store manager responsibilities:
- Oversee daily operations of the business.
- Work closely with the district manager to understand each sales promotion and drive marketing awareness around the promotion.
- Field each customer complaint and comprehend store quality control.
- Ensure smooth daily operation of the retail store.
- Ensure merchandise is being managed effectively in the warehouse.
- Oversee the sales floor and ensure sales staff are driving sales toward a sales goal.
- Train, manage, and motivate team members of the store.
- Assign duties to an assistant store manager to increase the efficiency of the store.
- Work closely with each employee in the company to review personal and professional goals.
- Create store goals and objectives, then drive them forward with the assistant store manager.
Retail Store Manager Requirements
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous work experience in the retail industry.
- High degree of communication skills, interpersonal skills, and motivational skills.
- Previous work experience as an assistant manager is preferred.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..