Research Analyst Job Description
Research analysts are professionals who help companies determine their positions in the marketplace in order to effectively promote their services or products. They study consumer information and research competitors and their marketing methods.
Job Description Sample
We are looking for a skilled market research analyst to provide useful and accurate competitor strategies and consumer behaviors to help us more effectively promote and market our services. Candidates with previous marketing and research experience are encouraged to apply
A research analyst generally earns about $51,000 per year. However, the salary can range from $40,000 for entry level workers to over $69,000 for seasoned professionals.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong organization abilities.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in math, Microsoft office, and database usage.
- Highly skilled in research and analytics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor sales and marketing trends.
- Develop marketing plans based on consumer and competitor research.
- Analyze consumer preferences to determine potential sales.
- Devise methods for data collection.
- Use statistical software effectively to interpret gathered data.
- Prepare and present information to clients and management in reports or presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in market research or similar research field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in market research and analysis.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing trends and strategies.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesMarket Research Analyst Job Description
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..