Production Worker Job Description
A production worker produces and assembles products in a factory setting. They are responsible for operating and maintaining machinery, ensuring all production standards are followed, finalizing products, and preparing them for shipment.
Job Description Sample
We are looking for a skilled production worker to join our manufacturing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing machinery or equipment for use, working and monitoring production lines, and maintaining a clean and safe work environment at all times. Candidates with prior factory experience are encouraged to apply.
A production worker can earn anywhere from $28,000 to $61,000 depending on experience. The average annual salary for this position is $41,000.
- Team player.
- Strong communication skills.
- Physical fitness and dexterity.
- Ability to operate manufacturing equipment and machinery.
- Able to stand for long periods.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor the assembly line and remove any damaged or faulty products.
- Meet production targets and maintain the efficiency of the production line.
- Follow production guidelines and safety regulations.
- Assemble products and parts.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
- Operate machinery and production line tools and equipment.
- Report any issues to the supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a factory is preferred.
- Available for shift work and willing to work extended shifts.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..