Probation Officer Job Description
A probation officer helps offenders fulfill their probation. They use various monitoring techniques and arrange additional services if necessary. They act as the intermediary between offenders and judges and are responsible for tracking their progress and making recommendations regarding their case.
Job Description Sample
We are looking for a dedicated probation officer to oversee a caseload and ensure compliance with probationary terms. The successful candidate will ensure that probationers understand the terms of their probation and comply with said terms at all times. You will also institute rehabilitation programs if necessary and monitor progress while providing motivation, support, and assistance.
A probation officer typically earns a salary of $62,000 per year, but this can range from $41,000 to $83,000 depending on experience, education, and location.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Stress management.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Decision-making ability.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Time management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recommend and implement rehabilitation or other treatment plans.
- Interview probationers to evaluate progress.
- Initiate court action or remedial action for violator.
- Administer drug and alcohol tests.
- Prepare records, progress reports, case files.
- Arrange court-ordered treatment services.
- Arrange port-release services that aid in reintegration.
- Degree in criminology, sociology, or criminal justice.
- Previous experience in case management or law enforcement is an asset.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..