Painter Job Description
Painters paint buildings, cars, and houses. They clean surfaces prior to painting and maintain the technical equipment necessary for the job. Painters can be found within a construction group or sometimes within a private carpentry group.
Job Description Sample
We are looking for a skilled painter to join our team. The successful candidate will use an array of brush types and other painting tools to layer paint on walls and other surfaces. You will also remove previous paint from surfaces using chemical rinses or masking. You will be responsible for cleaning all surfaces prior to painting.
A painter typically earns a salary of $50,000 per year. Based on skill level and experience in the field, a painter’s salary can range from $35,000 to $76,000 annually.
- Attention to detail.
- Dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Painting buildings or houses.
- Clean surfaces prior to beginning the painting process.
- Use a variety of tools including paint brushes, rollers, and airbrushes.
- Safely dispose of chemical waste.
- Use a variety of painting techniques to ensure client satisfaction and quality of work.
- Remove previous paint using masking or chemical rinses.
- Ensure proper ventilation of painted space.
- Use electroplating equipment when coating metal.
- Paint over plastics and wood.
- Perform touch-ups to ensure quality standards are met.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-year experience painting an array of surface types.
- Skilled with painting tools, machinery, and chemicals.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..