Package Handler Job Description
Package handlers assemble, seal, and load parcels to ensure safe delivery to its destination. They are sometimes found within a shipping and logistics department. Or other times found within a private delivery or parcel service.
Job Description Sample
We are looking to add an organized package handler to our team. The successful candidate will correctly pack, seal, and load all items. You will also use scanners to ensure all packages are appropriately processed and accurately tracked. Candidates with prior experience are encouraged to apply.
A package handler salary ranges from $27,000 per year to $49,000 per year based on experience. The median salary for this position is $38,000 annually.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment needed to perform packaging duties.
- Ability to follow instructions with minimal supervision.
- Highly organized.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lift up to 75lbs.
- Sort items by destination.
- Handle tools and loading equipment effectively.
- Efficiently meet company and client expectations.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations at all time son the job.
- Read labels to ensure the proper processing of packages.
- Assemble and load packages into the appropriate trucks.
- Use scanners to track package information.
- Ensure that all packages remain in excellent condition through the packaging and loading processes.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record with at least 2 years of driving experience.
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs.
Using This Package Handler Job Description Template
In order to use your new package handler job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Related Hiring ResourcesFedEx Package Handler Job Description
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..