Oncologist Job Description
An oncologist studies cancer and provides treatment to cancer patients. They manage the patient’s care over the course of the disease. An oncologist is a professional that a person may go to if they feel as though they may have cancer or need to be screened for cancer.
Job Description Sample
We are looking to hire a dedicated Oncologist to work with us in diagnosing and treating patients with varied forms of cancer. The successful candidate will use chemotherapy and other treatments in Medical Oncology, surgically remove tumors and other tissues, and conduct radiation therapy.
An oncologist earns roughly $264,000 per year according to Payscale in 2019. The range of this salary is $139,000 for entry-level oncologists and $414,000 for highly experienced oncologists.
- Surgical skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication, both written and verbal.
- Leadership skills.
- Caring and compassionate nature.
- Technical skills to use medical equipment and tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnose patients and inform them of treatment options such as chemotherapy and immunotherapy.
- Lead a cancer treatment team.
- Coordinate treatment plans.
- Treat patients using radiation therapy.
- Perform surgical operations to remove tumors and determine the spread of the cancer.
- Perform administrative tasks including recording test results, writing prescriptions, monitoring treatment plans, and providing information to patients.
- Medical degree in oncology.
- Successful completion of oncology residency and fellowship in oncology.
- License and certification to practice oncology.
Using This Oncologist Job Description Template
In order to use your new oncologist job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..