Automotive Technician Job Description Sample
An Automotive Technician maintains, repairs, diagnoses, and inspects vehicles. They can work in a car dealership or an independent body shop.
Job Description Sample
We are looking to add an experienced and efficient Automotive Technician to our team. You will be responsible for accurately diagnosing vehicles, as well as performing regular maintenance such as oil changes, tire rotations, and more. You will also repair damaged vehicles after accidents.
An Automotive Technician earns between $30,000 and $80,000 per year. The average salary is $50,000 annually.
- Superb diagnostic ability.
- Team player.
- Hand-eye coordination.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform regular maintenance on customer cars, trucks, and SUVs.
- Identify problems with vehicles by test driving or using diagnostic equipment.
- Plan repairs using manuals and job experience.
- Test functionality of car parts and systems.
- Perform auto care and maintenance.
- Repair or replace brake pads, sensors, wheel bearings, and other parts that succumb to wear and tear.
- Perform general mechanic tasks on customer vehicles.
- Maintain a professional appearance and an organized and safe work environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- ASE certification.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Associates degree in auto maintenance and repair is an asset.
- Must be physically fit and able to perform sometimes challenging manual labor.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the role.
Using This Automotive Technician Job Description Template
In order to use your new automotive technician job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Related Hiring ResourcesAutomotive Technician Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..