Assistant Property Manager Job Description
An Assistant Property Manager is responsible for supporting the daily operations of a property management organization. They perform administrative tasks, organize property viewings, handle resident relations, inspect properties before and after tenancy, and coordinate both routine and emergency maintenance work.
Job Description Sample
We are looking to hire an organized and personable Assistant Property Manager to oversee our diverse portfolio of rental properties. The successful candidate will handle administrative duties which include liaising with residents, collecting rent, basic bookkeeping, coordinating property viewings, and managing facility maintenance, repairs, and cleaning. You will also negotiate contracts and evaluate rental applicants.
The average annual salary for an Assistant Property Manager is roughly $43,000 with a range of $32,000 to $62,000.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft office and basic bookkeeping software.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule property viewings and conduct tours.
- Interview all applicants and determine their eligibility for tenancy.
- Process applications, perform credit checks, and negotiate rental contracts.
- Manage rent collection, tenant notices, and accounts.
- Oversee budget.
- Oversee marketing material creation and distribution.
- Report issues or concerns to the property manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A Bachelor’s degree in real estate or business administration is an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in property management or similar real estate position.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesAssistant Property Manager Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..