Budget Analyst Job Description Sample
A Budget Analyst evaluates budget proposals and determines the allocation of project funds. They review budget proposals, requests for funding, and evaluate the spending needs of organizations by conducting cost-benefit analyses.
Job Description Sample
We are looking for a highly skilled Budget Analyst to join our company. The successful candidate will analyze budget proposals, determine the allocation of funds, defend budget recommendations, and forecast future finances. You will also perform cost-benefit analysis as necessary to determine spending needs.
A Budget Analyst generally earns a median salary of $60,000 per year. However, they can earn anywhere from $44,000 to $89,000 depending on experience, location, and the type of organization they are employed by.
- Highly analytic mindset.
- Aptitude for mathematics.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Amazing verbal and written communication.
- Interpersonal skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate budget proposals.
- Evaluate funding requests.
- Collaborate with project managers and other high-level individuals to develop a budget.
- Approve and reject funding requests based on merit and financial security.
- Determine whether or not budget proposals comply with regulations.
- Develop final budgets in agreement with management.
- Monitor spending to ensure all projects are completed within the allocated budget.
- Forecast future financial needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a similar field.
- Master’s degree is an asset.
- Proven experience with data analysis and statistical forecasting.
Using This Budget Analyst Job Description Template
In order to use your new budget analyst job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Related Hiring Resources5+ Best Budget Analyst Interview Questions & Answers
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..