Copy Editor Job Description Sample
A Copy Editor reviews and edits content for proper spelling, grammar, syntax, layout, and more. They work in media, advertising, marketing, and in a freelance role.
Job Description Sample
We are looking for a detail-oriented and meticulous Copy Editor to manage all of our content editing needs. The successful candidate will work with writers and designers to curate high-quality content for our marketing organization.
A Copy Editor can earn anywhere from $33,000 to $73,000 depending on experience in the field. The average salary for a Copy Editor is $47,000 annually.
- Advanced understanding of the English language.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Leadership skills.
- Time management and multitasking.
- Proficient using MS Office and desktop publishing software.
- Review and revise content for quality and accuracy.
- Communicate with production team to ensure timely publishing of all content.
- Ensure correct tone, clarity, voice, flow, and structure of content.
- Write blurbs, headlines, leads, and straplines.
- Compile and update style guides.
- Collaborate with entire team to generate fresh new ideas that are targeted for the correct audience.
- Meet deadlines and manage multiple projects at once.
- Ensure that all content adhere to the in-house style guide.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or a related field.
- Experience in publishing or other editing role is an asset.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Duties and Responsibilities
Using This Copy Editor Job Description Template
In order to use your new copy editor job description template, follow the instructions below.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..