Therapist Job Description
Therapists work with patients to diagnose and treat mental health issues. They also conduct family, group, and marital counseling services. They are considered medical staff and carry a Ph.D. and state licenses in order to practice therapies.
Job Description Sample
We are looking for a compassionate and experienced Therapist to work with patients at our clinic. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for consulting with patients to identify mental health issues as well as treating the identified issues. In some cases, you may be required to refer patients to specialized professionals. You will also work with patient families as necessary and when beneficial to the treatment of your patients.
A Therapist can earn anywhere from $37,000 to $64,000 per year. The median salary for this position is $47,000 annually.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Compassion and empathy for patients.
- Diagnostic abilities.
- Critical thinking.
- Observational skills.
- Written and verbal communications skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult with patients to asses and diagnose their mental health issues.
- Where possible, create individualized treatment plans based on your expertise and the needs of your patient.
- Refer patients to more advanced healthcare professionals as required.
- Work with families, groups, and couples to administer family, group, or relationship/marital counseling service.
- Maintain accurate patient records and uphold strict ethical standards.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Master’s degree in Psychology.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a therapist or in a similar role.
Using This Therapist Job Description Template
In order to use your new therapist job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Related Hiring ResourcesOccupational Therapist Job Description Sample
Physical Therapist Job Description Sample
5+ Best Physical Therapist Interview Questions & Answers
Massage Therapist Job Description
5+ Best Massage Therapist Interview Questions & Answers
Aromatherapist Cover Letter Sample
Art Therapist Cover Letter Sample
Beauty Therapist Cover Letter Sample
Behavior Therapist Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..