Procurement Specialist Job Description
Procurement Specialists are responsible for procuring a company’s supplies. They research prospective suppliers and evaluate their offer in order to negotiate ideal purchase agreements that meet the product specifications and business criteria.
Job Description Sample
We are looking for an experienced Procurement Specialist to oversee all of our company’s procurement activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for sourcing new suppliers and negotiating the best deals possible for the company. You will ensure that all purchased products meet the technical specifications and evaluate the supplier’s performance, including timely deliveries.
A Procurement Specialist earns anywhere from $40,000 to $82,000 per year. The median salary for this position is $57,000 annually.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Outstanding negotiation skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Team player.
- Strong organization skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and business application software.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and identify the best prospective suppliers.
- Maintain supplier relations.
- Evaluate products according to business criteria.
- Prepare proposals, request quotes, and negotiate purchase terms and conditions.
- Issue purchase orders and agreements.
- Inspect and evaluate the quality and accuracy of purchased items and resolve any issues.
- Prepare reports and maintain accurate and up-to-date inventory information and procurement records.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain management, or another relevant field.
- CPM or APICS certification.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in this or a similar role.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..