Paraeducator Job Description
A Paraeducator is an educational worker who does not have a teacher’s license. They assist teachers with classroom management as well as help students by attending to their physical, academic, emotional, and personal needs.
Job Description Sample
We are searching for a compassionate and experienced Paraeducator to assist our teachers with their lessons, classroom activities, and management. The successful candidate will assist students with special needs, supervise students, and assist the teacher in teaching new concepts.
A Paraeducator earns a median salary of $48,000 per year with a range of $37,000 to $67,000 depending on location and experience.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication.
- Experience using educational software.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with children and students with special needs.
- Teaching and coaching skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Aid with lesson planning.
- Co-teach lessons and lead discussions either in groups or 1on1 with students.
- Supervise students.
- Attend to the physical, academic, and personal needs of students.
- Assist with school functions and extracurricular activities.
- Perform various clerical duties including student attendance, grading of tests and homework, filing or photocopying, typing, and any other duties required by the teacher.
- Track student progress and prepare reports for parents and guardians.
- Bachelor’s degree in child development or a similar field.
- First aid and CPR certification.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Related Hiring ResourcesParaeducator Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..