Network Technician Job Description
A Network Technician is responsible for the installation and the configuring of an organization's network infrastructure. This includes hardware components, software, and cabling.
Job Description Sample
We are looking for an experienced Network Technician to install and configure our expanding network infrastructure. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for setting up hardware and software, troubleshooting issues, and finding appropriate solutions to network instability or other problems.
A Network Technician typically makes about $47,000 per year. Depending on experience, a Network Technician salary ranges from $33,000 to $71,000 annually.
- Excellent diagnostic ability.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking.
- Advanced knowledge of network technologies.
- Team player.
- Strong communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install the necessary network hardware components as well as the required cabling.
- Configure the network software.
- Identify and eliminate bottlenecks in order to ensure that the network will remain efficient and effective long-term.
- Ensure the security of the network.
- Respond to colleague issues or problems and provide the required technical support.
- Collaborate with other IT team members as well as supervisors and managers.
- Recommend and perform upgrades to the network infrastructure to ensure optimal functioning and performance.
- Degree in information systems, computer science, or a similar field.
- Certified network professional accreditation.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a similar role.
Using This Network Technician Job Description Template
In order to use your new network technician job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..