Neonatal Nurse Job Description
A Neonatal Nurse cares for infants that have medical complications after birth, ranging from surgical problems, prematurity, and congenital defects. They care for patients in the NICU for a month up to two years depending on the nature of the condition problem.
Job Description Sample
We are looking to add a compassionate and knowledgeable Neonatal Nurse to our NICU team. The successful candidate will attend births, measure and weigh infants, monitor the health of infants after birth, and educate new parents on the care of the infant.
A Neonatal Nurse earns between $42,000 and $101,000 per year. The median salary for this position is $63,000.
- Knowledge of NICU equipment such as incubators and ventilators.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Caring and compassionate attitude.
- Helpful personality.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in high-stress situations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend births and care for the infant directly after their birth.
- Evaluate and oversee the care of newborns in the NICU.
- Monitor the health of newborns suffering from issues related to prematurity, congenital defects, or other condition.
- Perform tests and analyze the results.
- Provide appropriate treatments and administer medication in correct doses.
- Document patient history and maintain up-to-date records.
- Educate new parents on the care of their baby.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Registered nursing license.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a NICU.
Using This Neonatal Nurse Job Description Template
In order to use your new neonatal nurse job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..