Medical Examiner Job Description
A Medical Examiner is a specialist physician trained in anatomical and forensic pathology. They are responsible for determining the cause of death using their medical skills. They may also have to testify in legal cases for intentional deaths.
Job Description Sample
We are looking to hire an experienced and highly skilled Medical Examiner to be responsible for conducting post-mortem medical examinations to determine the cause and manner surrounding one's death. You will frequently work with law enforcement and may be required to testify in criminal cases.
A Medical Examiner earns a median salary of $100,000 per year. The salary ranges from $38,000 to $299,000 based on location and experience.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Experience with lab testing equipment.
- Research skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform autopsies to determine the cause of death.
- Examine tissues, organs, fluids, and blood to identify death-causing or related abnormalities.
- Investigate sudden or unnatural deaths and collaborate with law enforcement as needed.
- Conduct on-site investigations to obtain data pertaining to a case as necessary.
- Prepare reports of findings for law enforcement to aid in on-going investigations.
- Prepare death certificates.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or a related field.
- MD required.
- 4 to 7 years of residency training with a specialization in forensic and anatomical pathology.
- Successful completion of USMLE.
- Certification by The American Board of Pathology.
- Active ad valid medical license.
Using This Medical Examiner Job Description Template
In order to use your new medical examiner job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..