Hotel Manager Job Description
Hotel Managers oversee all the day-to-day operations and activities of a hotel. They manage accounting, sales, customer service, and business development related duties.
Job Description Sample
We are looking for a professional Hotel Manager to join our hotel staff and oversee the daily functioning of our establishment. The successful candidate will manage staff, collect payments, monitor departmental budgets, and evaluate hotel performance.
A Hotel Manager earns a median salary of $56,000 per year. Depending on experience in the role, the salary ranges from $36,000 to $112,000.
- Strong understanding of hotel management and “best practices".
- Experience using data entry software.
- Customer service skills.
- Leadership abilities.
- Highly organized.
- Attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage personnel including office employees, kitchen staff, cleaning staff, and front desk agents.
- Monitor employee performance by conducting regular staff evaluations.
- Maintain records of payments, budgets, funds, and expenses.
- Welcome and register guests upon arrival.
- Resolve issues professionally and quickly as they come up.
- Develop and apply a marketing strategy to promote the hotel’s services.
- Coordinate suppliers, travel agencies, and conference/event planners.
- Various budgeting duties including determining room rates and assigning funds to different departments.
- Evaluate hotel performance and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all staff comply with health and safety guidelines and rules.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, business administration, or another relevant field.
- Minimum of 4years’ experience in hotel management or a similar role.
Using This Hotel Manager Job Description Template
In order to use your new hotel manager job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..