Fashion Designer Job Description (+ Free Template)
Fashion Designers design and assist with the production of shoes, accessories, and clothing. They identify trends and select fabrics, colors, prints, styles, and trims for a given collection. A fashion designer designs either ready-to-wear clothing or haute couture.
Job Description Sample
We are in search of a skilled and creative Fashion Designer to create trendy ready-to-wear clothing for our new clothing line. The successful candidate will be responsible for keeping up-to-date with trends and styles, colors, and prints for each season. You will also create production drawings, market to buyers, and apply product strategy to all designs.
A Fashion Designer can make anywhere from #30,000 to $126,000 depending on experience and expertise. The median salary for a Fashion Designer is $59,000.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent sense of style.
- Outstanding design skills.
- Superb written and verbal communication.
- Presentation skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage design processes through the entire process.
- Conduct market research and stay knowledgeable regarding current trends and techniques.
- Collaborate with team members to create new concepts and make edits to lines as necessary.
- Create production sketches by hand.
- Collaborate with technical designers.
- Review products for style and fit.
- Present color boards, styles, and samples to buyers.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or fine arts OR Associate’s degree in fashion design.
- Skilled using Adobe Illustrator.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a fashion designer.
Fashion Designer Job Description Template
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..