ESL Teacher Job Description
ESL teachers conduct lessons, create a pleasant learning environment, and take students’ individual needs into account when developing and implementing lesson plans. They teach students whose second language is English.
Job Description Sample
We are searching for a qualified ESL Teacher to deliver English language lessons to students with diverse backgrounds. The successful candidate will plan lessons and activities, take a creative approach to the curriculum, and motivate students to learn in whatever way works best for them. Your main goal is to improve the students’ English speaking skills.
An ESL Teacher typically earns a salary of $44,000 per year. This salary can range anywhere from $30,000 to $64,000 depending on location and experience.
- Cultural awareness.
- Ability to teach all ages.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use ESL Teaching methods to conduct lessons and activities.
- Encourage students to speak in English.
- Maximize student talk-time by prioritizing oral tests and presentations.
- Display outstanding classroom management.
- Maintain standardized guidelines for course content and testing procedures.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student progress and performance.
- Maintain a pleasant learning environment.
- Collaborate with the Department head or Principal as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in English or another relevant field.
- TEFL Certification is required.
- Neutral and clear English accent, English must be your first language.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Related Hiring ResourcesESL Teacher Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..