Tax Accountant Job Description
Tax Accountants assist clients and companies with their income tax statements. They research, study, and interpret tax law and prepare payments, identify all areas of tax savings, and analyze tax issues.
Job Description Sample
We are looking to add an experienced tax accountant to our team who will work with clients and help them with their financial and tax statements. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for recommending tax strategies that comply with laws and promote the company’s financial standing.
A tax accountant earns between $39,000 and $79,000 per year. The median salary for this position is $54,000 annually.
- Attention to detail.
- Research skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare tax returns, payments, necessary paperwork, and tax reports.
- Research difficult tax issues to find solutions that work for the client.
- Manage the company’s tax database.
- Determine tax savings.
- Offer support and guidance through audits.
- Evaluate tax regulations and make recommendations accordingly.
- Ensure that you comply with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Prepare quarterly and annual tax reports accurately.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or another relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a tax accountant.
- Must be familiar with accounting software and bookkeeping processes.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..