Ship Clerk Job Description
A Ship Clerk works in a warehouse and is responsible for ensuring that all items and packages are labeled and packed appropriately and are ready for shipment.
Job Description Sample
We are looking for an experienced and highly organized ship clerk to handle our organization’s shipping needs. A successful candidate for this position will be responsible for recording shipping orders, labeling items, and packing items securely into their appropriate shipping containers. You will also ensure that no items or damaged during the packing process.
A Ship Clerk can earn anywhere from $38,000 to $48,000 per year and the average salary is $43,000 annually.
- Strong organization skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Record orders on the computer system accurately.
- Pack items into their appropriate shipping containers.
- Label all items with all the necessary information.
- Monitor inventory of the warehouse and order more units as the need arise.
- Maintain a neat and orderly warehouse floor at all times.
- Perform quality assurance checks on all items as they are packed and ensure all packages are sealed and legibly labelled.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a warehouse or retail role is preferred.
- Must be able to lift and bend for the duration of your shift.
- Must be licensed to operate forklifts and other warehouse vehicles and equipment.
Using This Ship Clerk Job Description Template
In order to use your new ship clerk job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..