Safety Coordinator Job Description Sample (+ Free Template)
A Safety Coordinator ensures that health and safety laws and regulations in a given workplace are followed and enforced. They create plans that will improve health and safety practices as well as investigate workplace accidents as they occur.
Safety Coordinator Job Description Sample
We are searching for a detail-oriented and experienced safety coordinator to assess and improve the health and safety procedures and standards in our workplace. The successful candidate will educate employees on health and safety policies and procedures, observe and analyze current health and safety practices, and make recommendations for improvements.
Safety Coordinator Salary
A safety coordinator earns between $47,000 and $100,000 per year. The median salary for this position is $65,000 per year.
Safety Coordinator Skills
- Observation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely familiar with health and safety regulations and standards for varying work environments.
- Attention to detail.
- Computer literacy.
Safety Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor staff and evaluate the health and safety practices being used.
- Assess all machinery and equipment present in the workplace to ensure they are in safe, working order and meet health and safety standards and guidelines.
- Educate staff on health and safety procedures and protocols.
- Prepare health and safety reports for management.
- Investigate workplace accidents.
Safety Coordinator Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in health and safety management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a safety coordinator or a similar role.
- Has prior experience with writing policies and procedures for health and safety guidelines.
- Has some familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Has the required certificate in occupational health and safety guidelines.
Safety Coordinator Job Description Template
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..