RBT Job Description
Registered Behavior Technicians work alongside doctors, nurses, and other health professionals and provide care to patients with a variety of behavioral conditions. They are responsible for developing and implementing customized treatment plans and working one-on-one with patients at schools, hospitals, their homes, or mental health facilities.
Job Description Sample
We are searching for a passionate and dedicated Registered Behaviour Technician to assist with behavior analysis and treatment. The successful candidate will monitor patient behavior, develop and implement treatment plans, assist with daily activities, collect data on patient progress, and other clerical and administrative duties.
An RBT earns an average salary of $34,000 per year. Depending on level of experience in the field, an RBT can earn anywhere from $22,000 to $44,000 annually.
- Computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Compassion for patients.
- Affinity for coaching and teaching clients, parents, and other staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide on-on-one care to patients and implement behavior reduction and skill acquisition therapies.
- Record data on patient behaviour and progress.
- Collaborate with parents and other health professionals.
- Maintain strict patient confidentiality.
- Provide a supportive and safe patient environment.
- Perform administrative duties as required.
- Conduct clinical assessments.
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioural health, psychology, or a similar field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a risk management role.
Using Your Template
Follow these instructions to use your new job description template
- Step one: Fill out all details in your job description template using the provided sample on this page.
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your workplace. Be sure to speak with team members and managers to gauge what's required of the position.
- Step three: When the census of the team has agreed on the description of the work, add in a Equal Employment Opportunity statement to the bottom of your job description.
- Step four: Check with your legal department, management team, and other team members to ensure the job description looks correct before creating a job advertisement. Choose a job board that's specific to your needs.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..