Principal Job Description
A Principal works in elementary and high schools and leads both students and teachers toward achieving learning objectives and other academic goals. They also oversee the school’s finances and oversee student discipline, suspension, and expulsion as necessary.
Job Description Sample
We are looking for an experienced and passionate principal for our school. A successful candidate for this position will develop reasonable budgets, discipline students as necessary, and make sure that learning objectives are met.
A Principal earns anywhere from $50,000 and $131,000 per year. The median salary for this position is $86,000.
- Passion for teaching and helping students.
- Compassion and patience.
- Leadership qualities.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with teachers to create teaching schedules as well as extracurricular on a volunteer basis.
- Approve or reject applications and meet with prospective students.
- Create and oversee a budget for the school.
- Take disciplinary action against staff and students as required.
- Provide advice and counsel to students when asked or deemed necessary.
- Organize job fairs and other talks by colleges and other professionals.
- Attend industry-related events and conferences.
- Communicate with board members and parents.
- Master’s degree in education.
- Valid teaching license.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a teacher.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a principal.
Using This Principal Job Description Template
In order to use your new principal job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Related Hiring Resources15+ Best Principal Interview Questions & Answers
Assistant Principal Cover Letter Sample
Principal Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..