Lab Assistant Job Description
A Lab Assistant is responsible for assisting technologists and scientists during their very important research and lab tests. They process and keep track of samples, classify results and accurately record their findings.
Job Description Sample
We are looking for a highly skilled and analytical Lab Assistant to assist our scientists and technologists in the lab. The successful candidate will prepare and classify samples, maintain accurate records, and analyze all sample results. Your main function will be to assist senior lab members with their research and testing.
A Lab Assistant earns between $35,000 and $45,000 per year. The median salary for this position is $39,000 according to PayScale in 2019.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Team player.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare samples for testing.
- Maintain laboratory records that re accurate and up-to-date.
- Conduct tests, analyze results, and record all findings.
- Clean and sterilize all lab equipment to guarantee accurate results and prevent sample contamination.
- Gather and prepare research and information as required.
- Basic administrative tasks such as filing and answering phones.
- Classify and label samples.
- Maintain an organized and clean lab area.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, medical technology, or another relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a laboratory setting.
- Firm understanding of laboratory information systems as well as manual and automated lab equipment.
Using This Lab Assistant Job Description Template
In order to use your new lab assistant job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Related Hiring ResourcesLab Assistant Cover Letter Sample
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..