Forensic Psychologist Job Description
Forensic Psychologists apply psychology to the criminal justice system. They evaluate a suspected criminal’s competency to stand trial, assess child custody during divorce proceedings, assess potential jurors, assist trauma survivors, and evaluate the credibility of witnesses to testify.
Job Description Sample
We are in search of a highly skilled and experienced Forensic Psychologist to conduct a range of tests and psychological assessments. The successful candidate will develop and execute behavioral management plans for inmates, perform recidivism assessments, and evaluate the competency of suspected criminals to stand trial.
A Forensic Psychologist earns anywhere from $39,000 to $100,000 annually, depending on experience. The median salary for this position is $67,000 per year.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent observation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude for understanding human behavior.
- Analytical and solution-focused mindset.
- Objective and rational thinking.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess cognitive abilities of suspected criminals and determine if they are fit to stand trial.
- Assess recidivism risks of potential parolees.
- Provide expert testimony in court proceedings.
- Develop and implement correctional and behavioral programs.
- Compile an maintain accurate and up-to-date reports.
- Evaluate case presentations and assessments.
- Perform suicide, violence, triage, and competency assessments of individuals in the system.
- Doctorate in Psychology.
- State licensure to practice.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in clinical or forensic psychology.
- Ability to travel as required.
Using This Forensic Psychologist Job Description Template
In order to use your new forensic psychologist job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..