Fleet Manager Job Description
A Fleet Manager is a logistics specialists that purchases and maintains delivery vehicles, registers and licenses vehicles, and develops processes that cut costs and maximize profits.
Job Description Sample
We are looking to add a highly organized and experienced fleet manger to our team. The successful candidate will recruit quality drivers, maintain detailed vehicle records, schedule maintenance to ensure optimal operational efficiency, and developing driver schedules.
A Fleet Manager earns between $51,000 and $113,000 per year. The median salary for this position is roughly $75,000 per year.
- Superb organization abilities.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Amazing written and verbal communication skills.
- Quantitative and scheduling skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Purchase and maintain delivery vehicles and arrange regular maintenance and vehicle inspections.
- Recruit quality drivers.
- Develop efficient driver schedules.
- Strategize for greater fuel efficiency.
- Maintain detailed and accurate vehicle maintenance and servicing.
- Monitor drivers and ensure high level customer service is delivered consistently.
- Ensure strict maintenance and servicing timelines to maintain schedules and minimize downtime.
- Comply with all U.S. Department of Transport laws and regulations.
- Develop cost saving and profit maximization strategies and procedures.
- Monitor GPS systems to track drivers and vehicles.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, accounting, or a similar field.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience logistics.
Using This Fleet Manager Job Description Template
In order to use your new fleet manager job description template, follow the instructions below.
- Step one: Copy and paste all sections into a new Word Document (Job Description Sample, Duties, Skills, and Requirements).
- Step two: Customize your requirements or duties to anything special to your environment. Be sure that you meet with either executive staff members or team members to qualify what requirements need to be met.
- Step three: When posting your job online, be sure to include an average salary range as this can help to prevent applicants who don't meet your criteria. Salary ranges are provided in each template.
- Step four: Before posting your job, be sure to check with your team and ensure all descriptions, duties, and requirements are accurate. This will save you from potential miscommunications during the interview process.
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..