Assistant Controller Job Description
Assistant controllers are responsible for assisting accounting management and preparing statements that comply with all regulations and accounting guidelines. They set up control systems and identify discrepancies, as well as work toward the prevention of future discrepancies.
Job Description Sample
We are looking for an organized and experienced assistant controller to work with our controller and accounting department. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining internal controls, and supervising staff.
An assistant controller earns between $110,000 and $151,000 per year. The median salary for this position is $129,000 annually.
- Supervisory skills.
- Highly organized.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of accounting software.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and consolidate financial statements.
- Establish and maintain internal controls.
- Manage the general ledger.
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, and year-end analyses.
- Analyze and report cost variances.
- Liaise with external auditors.
- Supervise other staff including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other accounting departments.
- Assist with the formation of budgets.
- Prepare for annual audit.
- Support all aspects of accounting management including tax forms, billing, reporting, and more.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or another related field.
- Masters is preferred.
- CPA designation.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as an assistant controller.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..