Church Secretary Job Description Sample (+ Free Template)
A church secretary performs clerical duties in support of pastors and deacons in a church’s administrative office. They are responsible for filing, responding to emails, answering phones, and liaising between the church’s administration and the parishioners.
Church Secretary Job Description Sample
We are looking for an organized and friendly Church Secretary to assist with the administration of our church. A successful candidate will perform a wide variety of clerical and administrative tasks including assisting parishioners with inquiries, answering phones and emails, and filing.
Church Secretary Salary
A church secretary earns between $15,000 and $41,000 per year. The median salary for this position is $27,000 annually.
Church Secretary Skills
- Interpersonal skills.
- Organizational abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Time management.
- Computer skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Polite and courteous service style.
Church Secretary Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer phone calls.
- Respond to emails in a timely fashion.
- Welcome visitors and assist with any problems or questions.
- Clerical tasks including typing, filing, and copying.
- Assist with the planning and organization of church events.
- Schedule meetings for church office employees.
- Arrange details for weddings, baptisms, funerals, and other church events.
- Maintain the in-office calendar and keeps staff updated.
- Attends parish meetings and takes minutes.
- Assists financial manager.
- Assists with hiring and scheduling volunteers or junior secretaries.
Church Secretary Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with basic office administration.
Church Secretary Job Description Template
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template:
- Step 1: Replace the job title, job brief, duties and requirements, and optional work environment sections based on the information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double-check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Proofread the job description. Then post on a job board.
Job Description Format
Follow the format below when writing a job description.
For more information on writing a job description, visit this resource.
Top Job Boards
Consider posting a job description or job advertisement (referred to as a "job ad") on one of the following national job boards:
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..