Clinical Research Associate Job Description
A Clinical Research Associate manages clinical trials and studies relating to biotechnological and pharmaceutical products, procedures, and drugs. They conduct research to ensure these products are market-ready and safe to use.
Job Description Sample
We are looking for an organized and experienced clinical research associate to oversee our clinical trials. The successful candidate will be responsible for training staff, developing trial protocols, establishing trial sites, and managing IP and trial materials.
Clinical research associates earn between $48,000 and $82,000 per year. The median salary for this position is $61,000 annually.
- Computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively.
- Time management.
- Leadership skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and present trial protocols to steering committee.
- Identify and establish trial sites and close sites down upon trial completion.
- Train new staff on therapeutic areas, proper source documentation, case report form completion, and protocol requirements.
- Liaise with ethics committee.
- Order, track, and manage IP and trial materials.
- Oversee and document IP dispensing, inventory, and reconciliation.
- Conduct regular site visits and write visit reports.
- Coordinate project meetings.
- Ensure compliance with SOPs and IHC and GCP guidelines and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in biological science or a similar field.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a clinical research associate.
- Knowledge of FDA regulations and their implementation.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry and practices.
- Valid driver’s license.
Using a Job Description Template
Follow these instructions to use a job description template
- Step 1: Replace the job duties and requirements based on information gathered from the team.
- Step 2: When the job description is finished, add an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) statement to the bottom of the job description.
- Step 3: Double check the job description fits the needs of the team, company, and is approved by the Human Resources department. Then post on a job board.
Top Job Boards
Phone interviews have become a core part of the process when attempting to find a secured placement for an open position. Companies receive massive responses from potential candidates for any..
Concerning a job search, you might receive numerous offers from your recruiters. Before you choose one, you need to assess all the conditions, for which it is vital that you know everything associated with the offered position..
Answering this question during a job interview requires more than knowing why you are unique as an individual. Yes, the true scientific answer is made up of two main components: your..
So, you have been in search of a job for a considerable time but are yet to be selected for one. If that's the case, don’t worry anymore because we have got you covered..
Open-ended questions like “What motivates you?” can elicit a deer-in-the-headlights reaction from job candidates if they are unprepared. It’s a broad question and can leave the interviewer..
A lot of interviewers ask this question - how did you hear about this position? This way they can judge you if you are a passive or an active job seeker..
Writing a thank you note after an interview says a lot about you as a potential employee. Most notably, it says that you care about the opportunities presented..
Writing the perfect letter of resignation is more of an art than it is a science. And we’re going to cover how to master that art form in this full guide..
Knowing how to end a business note or email is an important skill to develop. It helps portray a sense of confidence, respect and tone to your message..